Remote control for Jura coffee maker. Currently supported:
This software depends on Python. Both 2.7 and 3 should work. It also requires
the following packages to be installed. They are available from pypi:
The standard setuptools-based install is supported and thus as easy as typing:
git clone https://github.com/PromyLOPh/juramote.git
pip install .
However using a virtual environment is highly recommended.
Then use juramotecli for a command line interface or set up nginx/uwsgi for
remote HTTP access. See directory contrib/ for example configs.
On the back of the machine a debug connector (female, 9 pin dsub) can be used
to access various functions. It uses the UART protocol with the following
- TX (output)
- RX (input)
- VCC (5V)
The synchronous text protocol uses a strange “transfer encoding” and stretches
one byte to four, see juramote/com.py. It provides the following (known)
commands. Integer, arguments or response, are usually hex-encoded (uppercase).
- CB: → cb:00
- CM: → cm:300E8006006000000000000000000
Status information. Some values are equivalent to those returned by HZ:
cm = hz
cm[1:5] = hz
- CS: → cs:03EC0562300E800000000000000600601C1
Sensor(?) status information. Some values are equivalent to
those returned by HZ:
cs[0:4] = hz
cs[4:8] = hz
cs[9:13] = hz
cs[31:35] = hz
- Nonzero when brewing, 0x1FF for the first step, 0x3FF for the second
- Nonzero (usually 0x3FF) when grinding
- Print permanent message on display. Argument is latin1 encoded string.
- Reset display.
- Change default message (“Bitte wählen”).
- Press button id. Argument is 8 bit button id.
- Control component (brewer, pumps, …). Argument is 8 bit.
- Switches machine off. Any arguments?
- HZ: → hz:0100011100000,0291,00E9,0001,03FC,0543,3,100100,0000,00
Status information, comma-separated.
- Unknown bitfield. Bit 3 is one when milk pump(?) is on. Bit 6 is zero when brewing.
- Some kind of brewing sensor, 0xe8 when idle, goes up to ~0x255 when
- Flow meter(?), reset to 0 before new product is made
- Coffee heater temperature(?)
- Milk heater temperature(?)
- Brewer source/destination selection/encoder(?)
- normal coffee
- cappucino coffe
- cappuccino milk
- Unknown bitfield
- IC: →
Read status from input board. No arguments.
- Bit 1…0
- Menu wheel on the left. State changes 00→01→11 or 11→10→00
for each tick.
- Bit 8
- Somehow related to water tank
- Bit 10
- Stops toggling if coffee grounds bowl is full
- KB: → kb:
- LS: → ls:0,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,0
- Unknown status information.
- MA: → ok:
- Unknown, moves some part of the machine.
- MJ: → ok:
- MW: → ok:
- OO: → oo:0,1,28,560,14
- Unknown status information.
- PM: → ok:
- Play music. Easter egg.
Read from EEPROM at address. Argument is 16 bits and reads a single 16 bit
- Read memory?
- Reads a whole line (32 byte) from EEPROM, see RE.
- TL: → tl:R8Cx Loader V2.00
- Firmware loader version?
- TY: → ty:EF516M V01.25
- Firmware version?
- WE:address,value → ok:
- Write a single word value to EEPROM at address, see RE.
- XX: → xx:F
The following people contributed to this project:
- Lars-Dominik Braun
- Lars Reinhardt
- Martin Flasskamp
This is not the first project interfacing with Jura’s debug interface. Notable